Monday 20 August 2018

Strashnoto hut to Ribni Ezera lodge on E4: Day 11

A day's walk through beautiful scenery.
I woke at 5:30 am and by 6 am I was on my way as the dawn was just breaking. The first climb took me over boulders and rocks to a saddle on the ridge. There had been some attempt to attach wires to the rocks to help you cross them but only one wire was still in place, not that you really needed them, main thing was to keep looking for the red and white waymarks to make sure you did not loose the way.
After the saddle it was downhill and up the side of a valley to cross over to the next ridge. After passing the small Kobilino Branishte hut it was a long climb to the top of Mount Vodni. The views along the following ridge were superb, on TV they would be accompanied by soaring violins with the horns coming in as they zoomed to a particularly attractive lake.
After the ridge it was downhill again and across a river to climb up to the Ribni lakes and the Ribni Ezera lodge. Tonight I have the luxury of a "bungalow" to myself. It has a naked bulb and chipboard walls but I am sure I will sleep better alone than in a dormitory of of several people who I am fearful of disturbing when I go for a nightly "wee".  They do have showers in a separate disused block, but the water was cold!!!

The rocky path, note the waymark painted on the rock

A morning view across the mountains

My bungalow at Ribni Ezera Lodge


No comments:

Post a Comment