Sunday 29 April 2018

Sofia and home Day 4 and 5

Today was a tourist day in Sofia before heading home tomorrow morning.
I chose to join the morning Communist tour, run by the same people who run the Balkan bites tour I went on yesterday, it included a look at and a ride in a Trabant, lots of good stories and a discussion about how history is portrayed. Then, after Balkan tripe soup at a soup and sandwich place, I wandered around among the crowds in the sunny afternoon visiting Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski, the National Art Museum and various shops and street markets, buying maps of the Rila and Pirin mountains for my next trip. I also managed to find a place to cash in my Serbian dinars.
Should be home tomorrow and then back in Bulgaria late August to tackle Mount Vitosha which starts as the suburbs of Sofia end. The mountain, the first of a line series, will be the beginning of the next section of my walk along the E4, starting sometime in August!

A Trabant

Inside of Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski

Vitosha, my next mountain, above Vitosha Boulevard

No comments:

Post a Comment